Love the idea of Notebook style or literate programing?
The answer is Data-Forge Notebook
Convenient and accessible. Like a REPL on steroids.
Just fire it up and start coding
Live updating visualizations
Early access program starting soon... sign up and help set the direction for this product
About Data-Forge Notebook
Data-Forge Notebook is a desktop application for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Makes data transformation, analysis and visualization a breeze.
- Bring your own Node.js, use the bundled version or switch versions with NVM
- Efficient lazy evaluation of code cells and caching of results
- Data formats: JSON, CSV, XML, YAML
- Databases: Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PostgressSQL, MongoDB - more still to be added.
- Live visualization for tables, json data, html, charts and maps
- Visualization libraries: c3, Canvas.js, Highcharts - more yet to come
- Easily do web scraping
- Make use npm modules
- Use your own JS modules to compliment your notebook code
- Export to the web - host your viz on any server or easily include it in your blog
- Export to Node.js - deploy to your production environment
- Export your generated or transformed data and reuse it however you want
- Export screenshots of your charts - great for including charts in your blog
- Export your notebooks to PDF files - great for printing student handouts
- Library of examples, data and snippets to help you get started
- Contribute your own code examples and to help others get started
- Use your favourite language: ES6, TypeScript, Flow, CoffeeScript, etc
- Manage your whole exploratory coding project, including notebooks, scripts, dependencies and data
- Integrates with Git and Mercurial